A contributed paper is intended to be a complete description of finished work. Accepted papers are limited to 6 pages in the conference proceedings at no extra charge; up to two extra pages are allowed for a per-page fee. Note that there is no separate short paper format.
The invited session organizers must submit a proposal for their proposed session. Invited session proposals should present a unified theme from diverse viewpoints. Each proposal should consist of a summary statement and six regular papers (not abstracts). The organizer notifies Contributing Authors (CAs) of their invited session code. The corresponding author of each paper submits the paper online (PDF format) as an invited paper. Submission as an invited paper requires the invited session code.
Your proposal should contain the title of your session, 1-2 paragraphs describing the session, followed by the titles, author names and affiliations, and abstracts of the papers (full papers are not needed for the proposal submission).
In ACC2023, we will consider invited session proposals for both the traditional presentation session (up to 6 papers in each session, with 15-minute presentation for each paper) and rapid interactive (RI) session (up to 12 papers in each session, with 3-minute presentation for each paper and then digital poster presentations). If your invited sessions have 12 potential submissions and you would prefer to propose one RI invited session, please mark it clearly in your invited session proposal.
You should submit your proposal to the ACC submission website in PaperPlaza, selecting “Invited Session Proposal”. Once you submit your proposal, you will receive a code that you should share with the authors of the papers in your session. You can track the status of the papers submitted into your session in PaperPlaza. Finally, you can indicate in your proposal whether you prefer your session to be in the regular session format or RI format.
- ACC Invited papers submitted through the ACC submission website: The paper contributors will submit their full papers selecting “Invited Paper”. During the submission, the authors must put in the session code received from the invited session organizer.
- L-CSS papers with option to be considered as an ACC invited paper: The paper contributors will submit their paper to the L-CSS (note that the L-CSS deadline is September 16).If the authors already know the code of the ACC invited session their paper belongs to, they should choose as submission type L-CSS and ACC-Invited Sessions and insert the aforementioned code.If the authors are not aware of the code of the ACC invited session their paper belongs to, at the time of submission to LCSS, then they should choose as submission type L-CSS and ACC (only).After submission, and no later than October 5, the authors should send an email to L-CSS Editor in Chief, Elena Valcher ([email protected]), specifying the number of their LCSS and ACC paper, the name of the invited session, the name of the invited session organizer(s) and the ACC invited session code (received from the ACC invited session organizers).
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI): A2C2 strongly believes in increasing diversity, ensuring equity, promoting inclusion, and enhancing outreach and engagement. The invited session proposers are strongly encouraged to consider how they would promote DEI in their invited sessions. If you have concrete plans to promote DEI in your invited sessions, please indicate them in the proposal.
Tutorial sessions are a type of invited session intended to provide an accessible introduction to a topic of general interest. Tutorial presentations may be 15, 30, or 45 minutes long, with the total session time not to exceed 90 minutes.
Submission and Registration Policies
- All papers submitted to ACC 2023, whether for review or publication upon acceptance, must be written in English and formatted in the standard 2-column format provided on PaperPlaza.
- For initial submissions, all regular and invited papers are limited to eight (8) pages. PaperPlaza will not permit longer papers to be uploaded.
- For final upload and publication in the conference proceedings, all accepted contributed and invited papers are limited to six (6) pages at no extra charge. Authors may upload longer manuscripts up to a maximum of eight (8) pages total. However, each page in excess of six will incur a charge of USD 200.
- At least one of the authors listed on the paper must register for ACC 2023 at the full member/non-member rate to upload the final manuscript. A maximum of 4 papers can be uploaded with a single registration. Additional uploads on the same registration will require a payment of USD 200 per paper.
- Please note: If an author registers at a reduced registration rate (student/retiree), s/he will not be able to use that registration to upload the final paper or final poster.
- Please consider submitting your paper early and ensuring your paper satisfies the PDF check. Revised versions of papers can be resubmitted up until the deadline. No extensions of the deadline are foreseen.